Thursday, April 13, 2006

See You Monday!

The Friends of Tredegar House celebrated their 25th anniversary with a dinner held in the Morgan Room at Tredegar House last night. The main speaker was David Freeman, ex-curator of the House, who played a prominent part in the establishment of the Friends organisation all those years ago.

I think it is vital to kick-start the new season with a decent attendance at the Medieval Day on Easter Monday. I shall be there, so please come up and say hello if you get the chance. The readership of this blog always intrigues me. I have received e-mails from so many people, from so many different parts of the world, it is wonderful to know that Tredegar House still captures the imagination of so many.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, we had a lady who lives or has lived, not sure which, in Plas Machen on a tour yesterday.
I just wanted to ask her a million questions about her house!

Paul Busby said...

Hello Sam. Hope the Tour Guide training is going well.

I will have to post an article on the other Morgan homes like Plas Machen and Ruperra Castle (which I know you are also familiar with) soon.

It would have been interesting to chat to that lady. It reminds me of the time when we were doing a Murder Mystery at Tredegar House a few years ago. I was playing the role of one of the suspects: John Morgan of Machen.

A couple came up and asked me where I lived. I told them 'Plas Machen'.

They replied: "No you don't, we do!"

They were the current owners! In fact, it might have been the same lady you met yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»